Hilton Head 2022: Grand Motoring
Amelia Island 2022: Grand Motoring Hanger Night
- “The Black Ghost: Street Racing Legend" will highlight this year’s Grand Motoring Hangar Night, which will include a series of automotive short films and an appearance by the real life Black Ghost, a 1970 Dodge Challenger, itself. It’s part of an evening of automotive and cinematic artistry that enters its sixth year bigger and better than ever. Held March 3 this year at the Amelia Aerodrome at the Fernandina Beach Municipal Airport, the Grand Motoring Hangar Night will offer fascinating films, static displays, hors d’oeuvres, dinner and cocktails amid red carpet sophistication.
- In addition to the Challenger, displays of classic and collector cars included a 1990 560SEC AMG widebody sponsored by The MB Market, as well as a number of aircraft like a 1942 Stearman, an Arrivée Special Edition SR22T and the latest G2+ Arrivée Vision Jet from Cirrus Aircraft.
Hilton Head 2021: Grand Motoring
- "Wolf of the Autostrada" – Kidstron wrangled a pair of racing drivers, their own business manager, a beautiful Italian actress, and the likes of Valentino Balboni and Stefan Roser. Beyond the people involved though, it's the cars that make this a truly gorgeous video. You have a Ferrari Testarossa, Lamborghini Countach, Aston Martin Vantage, and a Ruf Yellowbird all facing off in a seemingly high-stakes game to see who is the best on the road.
- "Highway Violence" Hungarian Retrowave producer Quixotic has been making waves in the scene with his latest music video. Produced by Mihaszna Film, Highway Violence goes all-in on the retro-worshipping and delivers an all-star homage to Eighties and Eighties-inspired films and series. The short film is jam-packed with references, stringing together iconic scenes from Terminator 2 to Stranger Things along with cameo appearances by the Nightrider and the Millennium Falcon just to name a few.
- "Apex: he Secret Race Accross America" tells the true story of what happened after the Cannonball Run ended in 1979, the rise of the U.S. Express, and the seemingly unbreakable NY to LA 32 hour record set in 1983, when FBI scrutiny forced an end to the secretive races. Or did it? Decades later, two men get in a car and attempt to break the unbreakable record. Narrated by Ice-T, this documentary shatters the myths surrounding the transcontinental record and shows never-before-seen footage from the Cannonball, U.S. Express and modern runs.
Amelia Island 2021: Grand Motoring Hanger Night
- "Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman" - A documentary chronicling the 35 year car racing career of Paul Newman. The documentary showcases Newman's racing life as both a prolific driver and owner.
- "The 24 Hour War" - In the early 1960s, Henry Ford II and Enzo Ferrari went to war on the battlefield of Le Mans(TM). This epic battle saw drivers lose their lives, family dynasties nearly collapse and the development of a new race car that changed racing.
- "Steve McQueen: The Man and Le Mans" - This Cannes-selected documentary reveals the true story behind the infamously troubled film shoot that nearly destroyed the career of Hollywood icon Steve McQueen.
In March of 2021 we Introduced Grand Motoring, a Celebration of Cars and Film, consolidating the names "Amelia Motoring Film Exhibition" and "Vintage Auto Film Exhibition" under our new banner: "Grand Motoring"
Amelia Island 2020: Fourth Annual Amelia Motoring Film Exhibition
- “Blink of an Eye” by award winning director Paul Taublieb, the documentary chronicles racing driver Michael Watlrip’s struggles of racing 462 races without a single win in NASCAR before being hired to drive for Dale Earnhardt culminating with Waltrip’s first win in the most tragic of circumstances.
- “The Racer” follows the life of a man who reflects on his passion for motor racing from the time he was a young boy.
- “Four Cam Jam” about a special event designed to celebrate and enjoy iconic Porsche four-cam models.
- “Why I Drive” and “Redline Rebuild” a Film by Hagerty Insurance
Hilton Head 2020: Fourth Annual Vintage Auto Film Exhibition
Amelia Island 2019: Third Annual Amelia Motoring Film Exhibition
Hilton Head 2019: Third Annual Vintage Auto Film Exhibition
- "Hurley’" about American endurance racing driver Hurley Haywood, and Brumos Porsche
- “The Lauda Legacy” anchors the short films segment, featuring Niki Lauda’s 1974 Monaco pole-winning Ferrari 312 with three-time Le Mans winner Marco Werner.
- “Phoenix Rising” a film that follows the unexpected restoration of a significant Porsche Abarth Carrera GTL
- “Why I Drive” from Hagerty.
Amelia Island 2018: Second Annual Amelia Motoring Film Exhibition
- "Hagerty Hemi Engine Build " + Q&A with Larry Webster & Ben Woodworth
- "Barn Find Hunter" + Q&A with Tom Cotter
- "Dan Gurney Tribute" (Courtesy of IndyCar)
- "Endurance Icon: Hurley Haywood"
- "No Limits – Impossible is Just a Word"
Hilton Head 2018: Second Annual Vintage Auto Film Exhibition
- "Running With Pop" - A short documentary that discovers how a dilapidated barn-find car can create a powerful family connection. This rescued and lovingly restored 1967 Camaro Convertible with strong local ties is back on the road after a few years of hibernation.
- "No Limits" - IMPOSSIBLE IS JUST A WORD about ex-Formula 1 driver Alex Zanardi, who lost his legs, but not his spirit in an almost fatal crash in 2001 and now tackles the 24 Hours of Spa together with Timo Glock and Bruno Spengler. Never before has a handicapped driver competed in a race on this level with able-bodied drivers. Directed by Tim Hahne.
- "Born Racer" - A narrative on the unforgiving world of professional racing and the unique individuals who inhabit it. Filmed with an all access lens into the world of FIVE-time IndyCar champion and Indianapolis 500 Winner Scott Dixon and Chip Ganassi Racing.
Amelia Island 2017: Inuagurual Amelia Motoring Film Exhibition
- "Climb Dance" is a five-minute short that recaptures the excitement of the Pikes Peak Hill Climb in 1988 and 19891989 | directed by Jean Louis Mourney Cinéma Vérité Short Film. Climb Dance is the iconic rally film celebrating the Pikes Peak Hill Climb victories of Ari Vatanen in 1998 and Robby Unser in 1989 – remastered in high definition and ready for the big screen. Commissioned by Peugeot and directed by Jean Louis Mourey, this film is arguably the bench mark for modern automotive filmmakers that no one should miss. Film made available courtesy of Peugeot.
- "The Red Grifo" a 20-minute film produced and directed by Guy Smith that recounts the impact of a Corvette-powered, Giugiaro-styled, Bizzarrini-designed Iso Grifo across generations of a family.
- "The 24-Hour War" which tells the story of the epic battle between Ferrari and Ford at Le Mans in the mid-1960s
Hilton Head Inaugrual Vintage Auto Film Exhibition
Hilton Head Inaugrual Vintage Auto Film Exhibition